This event is available free of charge to businesses based in Bath & North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire. If you are based elsewhere please call us to discuss how else we may be able to help.
Many people have set up a LinkedIn profile, have a few connections but then what? This is a hands-on and interactive 3 hour webinar, which will help you to focus on getting the best out of LinkedIn and effectively network online.
Networking is an essential skill for most business people to get out into the world to create and maintain business relationships. The whole process can be a daunting chore and is therefore often not executed successfully! This webinar will give you the skills and help your confidence in any networking situation you find yourself in.
We will start the first half of this webinar learning more about using LinkedIn:
- An overview on the benefits and results you can expect
- Building an effective profile page
- Growing and nurturing relationships with your connections, who to connect with and why
- Targeting your audience, market and identifying opportunities
After refilling our coffee cups, you will be able to sit back and learn effective networking tips on how to network to achieve results, followed by the chance to practice by Zoom networking with other likeminded small businesses.
The second part of this webinar will cover effective networking:
- How to create and practise your elevator pitch
- Prepare for your attendance at online and offline events
- Explore where and when you can network
- Event day – you’ve arrived, what to do next
- Where is the exit? The ability to leave conversations and move on
- Building relationships and following up
- Social networking online – tips on how to maximise social media and online networking.
It is recommended to participate in the webinar you use your laptop or a tablet in a web browser as the full functionality and capability of LinkedIn is best utilised on a laptop or PC.
This webinar is run by Rachel Sweet who runs her own business and has a number of years experience of advising individuals on marketing and how to grow their business.
Please note, this workshop will be held on Zoom. The online workshop format gives you the chance to fully participate in group discussion via video, ask questions throughout the session, learn from like-minded business owners, and build connections. You will leave this webinar with a clear understanding of the topics covered.
This webinar is publicly funded and forms part of Universal Business Support – A West of England Combined Authority initiative, delivered in partnership with Bath and North East Somerset Council and South Gloucestershire Council to support businesses across the region.
You will be asked to complete an online registration form which will be sent to you.
Once registered, you will receive the Zoom Webinar Link and password to join. Please join the webinar at least 5 minutes before the start time.
If you need to cancel your place, please give us at least 2 working days notice to enable us to offer your place to someone else.