This event forms part of the Bath & North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire Business Support Services and is available free of charge for residents and businesses based in these areas only and who have enrolled for the Services.
Do you want to win more customers?
Does your business have the M Factor?
What will I learn?
You will learn essential sales and marketing techniques which will help you to successfully promote your products and services both online and offline.
This webinar will cover:
- How to identify potential customers and understand their needs.
- Conducting customer and competitor market research to help you position your offering.
- Learning how to sell through understanding the sales process, customer buying behaviour and decision making along with sales closing techniques – ask for the business.
- Understanding and exploring various different marketing techniques to reach your potential customers through a combination of traditional and digital methods.
- Giving your business the M Factor, everyone has a mobile phone, explore how you can manage the customer journey by marketing and communicating with potential and existing customers through your phone.
- Creating and developing a marketing action plan throughout the webinar using a simple workable template to take away and implement.
Who should attend?
This webinar is for you if you want to increase your customer base and learn how to go about it professionally.
A bit about your presenter:
This webinar is run by Rachel Sweet who runs her own business and has several years worth of experience, advising individuals on marketing and how to grow their business.
Please note, this workshop will be held on Zoom.
Your booking for this webinar is provisional until you have enrolled for the free Business Support Service. Enrolment is via a short online form – if you are not enrolled already, a link will be emailed directly to you.
Once enrolled, you will receive the Zoom webinar link and password to join the call. Do ensure you join the webinar at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
If you are unable to attend this event, we require at least 2 working days notice for cancellations to enable us to offer your place to someone else. We reserve the right to cancel your place if you are not eligible for this service.
All participants of the service are eligible to receive up to 12 hours of free support. This equates to a maximum of 4 events per participant.
The South Gloucestershire and B&NES Business Support Services form part of Universal Support, a West of England Combined authority funded initiative, delivered in partnership with B&NES and South Gloucestershire Councils.